This guide will demonstrate how to customize the default response when you close your laptop lid on Windows 11.
The lid switch close action determines the action the system will perform when the laptop lid is closed.
Users have the option to designate one of the following actions:
- Do Nothing: No action occurs when the laptop lid is closed.
- Sleep: The system goes into sleep mode upon closing the laptop lid.
- Hibernate: The system enters hibernation when the laptop lid is closed.
- Shut Down: The system shuts down when the laptop lid is closed.
Modify the Lid Close Action for the Existing Power Plan in the Power Options.
- Access the Control Panel and locate the Power Options icon. In case the Power Options icon is not visible, switch to the view for the Control Panel, and then select the Power Options icon.
- Select the Choose what the power button does link in the left panel.
- In both the On battery and Plugged in drop-down menus under the When I close the lid setting, choose between Do nothing, Sleep (default), Hibernate, or Shut down based on your preference, and then click Save changes